Benedict Clements is Division Chief for the Fiscal Policy and Surveillance Division of the IMF’s Fiscal Affairs Department. He was previously Division Chief for the Expenditure Policy Division in FAD and Division Chief in the Western Hemisphere Department, where he led country teams working on Brazil and Colombia. He has published extensively on public finance and macroeconomic issues.
- Act Local, Solve Global: The $5.3 Trillion Energy Subsidy Problem
- Oil Prices and Public Finances: A Double-Edged Sword
- What Happens to Public Health Spending in IMF-Supported Programs? Another Look
- It’s the Years, Not The Mileage: IMF Analysis of Pension Reforms in Advanced Economies
- When Reality Doesn’t Bite—Misconceptions about the IMF and Social Spending
- Promises, Promises. Better Measuring the Effect of Pension Reform
- Healing Public Health Care Finances: Budget Reforms That Work