Sanjeev Gupta is Acting Director in the Fiscal Affairs Department of the International Monetary Fund (IMF). He was previously a fellow of the Kiel Institute in Germany, Senior Faculty in the Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad and Secretary, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi. He joined the IMF’s European Department in 1986 and also worked in its African Department. Mr. Gupta has published extensively on macroeconomic and fiscal policy issues. He has coauthored or co-edited a number of books, including: “Governance, Corruption, and Economic Performance,” edited with G. Abed, November 2002; “Helping Countries Develop: The Role of Fiscal Policy,” edited with B. Clements and G. Inchauste, September 2004; and “The Economics of Public Health Care Reform in Advanced and Emerging Economies,” edited with B. Clements and D. Coady, April 2012.
- The Future of the State Revisited: Reforming Public Expenditure
- Public Finances Are on the Mend, but No Clean Bill of Health
- Meeting Rising Pressures to Address Income Inequality—A User’s Guide
- Can Policymakers Stem Rising Income Inequality?
- When Reality Doesn’t Bite—Misconceptions about the IMF and Social Spending